Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Everybody Wants To Be Somebody

I swore I wasn't gonna go off on one of my tangents... But I lied, can't help it, I'm only human and this tom foolery has to stop. Have you noticed that when meeting new people via a social networking site like Twitter or Facebook that under their little mini bio: they always have some nonsense like I'm a Rapper or Writer or my personal favorite, iModel... Really sweetie, just because you got a Nikon for Christmas and you took that one cute photo in the bathroom mirror doesn't make you a model.

I find this kind of stuff laughable because the people claiming these extravagent lifestyles have no resume to show for it. Like all these so-called rappers out here. Just because you can recite every Lil Wayne song off Tha Carter 3 does not mean you have bars. It just means you're memory isn't too shabby. And for all these Tyra Banks chicks who don't know the difference between print modeling and runway, look it up! No seriously, do your homework. Modeling looks easy but it is a ton of work and it is not to be taken lightly. Any job that you're interested in should be thoroughly researched before you make the decision that this is what I want to do with my life.

And if another damn celebrity tweets, "Go cop my new book!" I am going to scream. If it's not a tell all, it's a self-help book or some kind of "memoir". (Note the fact that I use the word memoir veryyyyy looosely) As a writer, I personally get offended when a celebrity says they have written a book. Especially a celebrity who is already balancing two careers. So you mean to tell me in between shooting two films and working on a studio album, you found time to write a book, have it edited, work on rewrites, go through another editing process, getting a book deal, worry about format, cover design and everything else and get that bad boy out to the masses? *in my Jay Z voice I don't believe you, you need more people.

Seriously people, before you start chasing stardom, make sure you have a resume to back up all of your accomplishments. If I can Google your name and the only thing that comes up is your Facebook profile... HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM

For everyone who thinks I'm taking shots... You're right, I am. Because I am sick and tired of these pretenders out here. Find your niche in life and make it work for you. If you're funny, do some damn stand-up. If you seriously got bars, book some shows and create a website for yourself. If you write, find an internship or start a blog; it's FREE!

Everybody wants to be #WINNING these days but nobody was screaming that shit until Charlie Sheen started it... Just ask yourself, What the hell was I doing before?

No comments:

Post a Comment